Jar of Flowers – Masked Background

Susan Robinson
February 18, 2018

spacer

stamps: Music Script & Thank You 4901B from Stamp-it

dies: Flower Jar siz662270 by Tim Holtz

inks: Dried Marigold & Tumbled Glass Distress Pads; Jet Black Archival Pad; Teal Blue StazOn Pad

INSTRUCTIONS:

This is the same technique as shown in previous post “Leaves of Gratitude”, except that instead of squishing the Distress ink pads onto a teflon mat, I squished them onto an acrylic block, for a more contained result. Then spritzed the block with water, before flipping it upside down onto white card. Lift off. You may wish at this stage to spritz your card with water also to help the inks run. You can control this somewhat by using a paintbrush to decide where you want the drips to go. Have a tissue ready to soak up any excess liquid.

    

Lastly I cut out the large jar from the sizzix die set in clear acetate, and sponged around the edge with the Teal StazOn pad. I glued some string across the neck and made a separate string bow.

I cut out one of the flowers from same set in white card and sponged with Peeled Paint & Spiced Marmalade Distress inks. I added some Pumpkin & Cantaloupe Liquid Pearls to flower heads (though not really happy with that decision). Set aside to dry.

The dragonflies are a Tonic punch. I cut them out in dark brown and again in vellum. I cut the tails off the vellum dragonflies and mounted them over the brown ones, gluing down the body only and lifting the wings. I then drew a line of Hot Cocoa Liquid Pearls down the body of each dragonfly, and set aside to dry.

I distressed the edges of the top card layer with the edge of my scissors before assembling the rest. I did this around the Thank you wording also.

 

spacer

Bright Flowers

Susan Robinson
October 25, 2017

spacer

     

Flowers always make me happy. Unfortunately we only have green leafy things growing in our garden, no flowers, so I have to make do with those I create in my craft room.

This is one of my friends dies that I cut out some copies of on camp, but she had thrown away the packaging sorry and couldn’t remember what company it was from. I used the same technique as I did for the alcohol ink poppy die cards I made recently, except that I used dye inks to create the colourful backgrounds.

spacer

Giraffes

admin
March 7, 2017

spacer

20170307_164933

Shown is my new giraffe die from Couture Creations, which I made 3 different cards from. I hope they provide you with some inspiration.

 

 

 

 

The backgrou20161222_101724nd for this card was made by swiping alcohol inks across some gloss card, then the giraffes lifted out and used individually on the card.

 

 

 

 

 

20170101_135548For this card I used the silhouettes of the entire tower of giraffes. The background was again made with alcohol inks (using the marbling technique) which was then placed behind the black card cut out.

 

 

20161230_17504620170101_140153When I was cutting out the die for this card, the giraffe legs got stuck and wouldn’t cut out properly, so I left them in and slid a piece of patterned paper behind their heads.

 

 

spacer