«
»


Jar of Flowers – Masked Background

stamps: Music Script & Thank You 4901B from Stamp-it

dies: Flower Jar siz662270 by Tim Holtz

inks: Dried Marigold & Tumbled Glass Distress Pads; Jet Black Archival Pad; Teal Blue StazOn Pad

INSTRUCTIONS:

This is the same technique as shown in previous post “Leaves of Gratitude”, except that instead of squishing the Distress ink pads onto a teflon mat, I squished them onto an acrylic block, for a more contained result. Then spritzed the block with water, before flipping it upside down onto white card. Lift off. You may wish at this stage to spritz your card with water also to help the inks run. You can control this somewhat by using a paintbrush to decide where you want the drips to go. Have a tissue ready to soak up any excess liquid.

    

Lastly I cut out the large jar from the sizzix die set in clear acetate, and sponged around the edge with the Teal StazOn pad. I glued some string across the neck and made a separate string bow.

I cut out one of the flowers from same set in white card and sponged with Peeled Paint & Spiced Marmalade Distress inks. I added some Pumpkin & Cantaloupe Liquid Pearls to flower heads (though not really happy with that decision). Set aside to dry.

The dragonflies are a Tonic punch. I cut them out in dark brown and again in vellum. I cut the tails off the vellum dragonflies and mounted them over the brown ones, gluing down the body only and lifting the wings. I then drew a line of Hot Cocoa Liquid Pearls down the body of each dragonfly, and set aside to dry.

I distressed the edges of the top card layer with the edge of my scissors before assembling the rest. I did this around the Thank you wording also.

 


spacer

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Both comments and pings are currently closed.